Remote Office Warsaw
Mid-Senior Android Engineer
TONS is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since TONS started in 2017, we’ve launched same-day delivery in major markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We currently cover of wide range of products to help you avoid the trip to your favorite store, from a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing a lot of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables TONS to deliver fresh groceries within 2 hours. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical. Are you passionate about understanding products and identifying opportunities? Are you entrepreneurial and eager to build your ideas? Do you enjoy digging into metrics and see your work impact the customer and business? Do you love working on different parts of the product and learning lots of different things as a result? Do you care about a customer’s first experience with the product and reducing churns throughout their lifecycle? If any of the above interests you, let’s talk!
- Delivering high quality and performant code.
- Taking part in discussions, which will shape the future of the project.
- Being part of the team: we’re trying to build comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere for
everyone at work. Every voice is welcomed, every vote counts.
- 1.5+ years of experience in Android development.
- Experience with REST APIs.
- Experience with support library.
- Experience with creating smooth UI based on designs.
- Openness to new, non-standard ways of development.
Nice to have:
- Experience with NDK and native development in general.
- Experience with building UI completely in code.
- Experience with networking libraries (OkHttp, Volley)
- Experience with animations, especially in creating complex ones.
- Competitive salary.
- VISA sponsorship (helping in getting Poland work VISA).
- Talented and passionate team to work in.
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave.
- Complimentary TONS™ Klub membership
Our apps (apps?) have been given Best-In-Class for iOS, and is currently NUMBER 1 the
Apple APP Store (Kuwait App Store?). We are active in developer community, giving talks at
conferences and meetups (???). We are passionate about Kotlin, RxJava and project Tango. Let’s